RCDSC is an NGO established in 1997 in Nepal, at the Mahottari District Administration office. It is affiliated to the social welfare council. RCDSC started its work with the Dalit community and women in 1997.
In January 1997 two major disturbing events occurred i.e.
1) the communal violence between Hindus and Muslims in Simardahi VDC and
2) the violence and court litigation against the dalit who had settled on Matihani Guthi 's land.
Few of the determined and motivated youth of the country got together to discuss on social problems like caste/class violence, gender / domestic violence, social / economic evils and discriminations, to come with solutions and implement it. The main factor for poverty in the country was because of such problems. RCDSC works to resolve conflicts democratically in an institutionalized way to put an end to such factors in Nepal.
Our mission is to stand by and solve social stigma’s of targeted groups like the Dalits. To help Women and Children fight against untouchability, Gender in-equality, and other social evils and to promote proper sanitization in the country. We educate them and teach them to be self-reliant and are able to stand up for their rights.
• We intend to bring social change by empowering men and women for their equal development.
• Increase awareness and provide reproductive health, HIV-AIDS etc services to men, women and children of rural areas of the Terai region.
• Organize events of against untouchability and gender discriminations/violence to develop leadership for dalits, men and women so that they have a share in the local resources and participation in the decision making process in the local governance.
• Fight against various kinds of traditional obscurantism like, dowry system, veil system, child marriage, child labor, belief in "dyan" (witches) etc.
• To provide relief to the victims of natural disasters.
• Conduct awareness programs to protect the natural environment of the rural areas.
• Raise consciousness of the community about their sanitation and hygiene; provide hand pipes for safe drinking water and Pit latrines for sanitation.
• To manage and solve existing conflicts in rural areas and establish peace among everyone.
• To help marginal farmers organize their economic and social development.
• To eliminate bonded/ semi bonded labor and child labor in the country.
• Providing Ambulance services to the communities at minimum and non-profit rates.
• Find out local resources and make them accessible to the poor and targeted group of people in all rural areas.
• Promote co-relation and co-operation between economic human resource development and the environment.
• Development of Human resources based on proper cultural and education values.
• Formation of local dalit organizations to fight for their human rights.
• Involve the dalits people in social activities to promote their ethnicity.
• Influence concerned policy makers, so that they formulate policies that address the problems of dalits, women and children.