– Increased political, community and family support for adolescent and youth SRH interventions (life skills, HIV, GBV and GT)
– Advocacy workshop, activities as per needs and plan organized.
– Community sensitization/awareness rising on AY SRH and development issues among parent’s guardians, community leaders IFCHBs and community groups.
– Establish of effective linkages between RHIYA NGOs partners, district partners, NGOs/CBOs school teachers, community groups, support groups and available health services systems and related line ministries and other stakeholders at various levels.
– Mobilization of local resources as references.
Donor/Partner Agency: CECI
Current Status: Completed
– The EA and IAs got a chance to interact with the above-mentioned stakeholders and build a working relation essential for the implementation of the project.
– The VDC level coordination committee of each VDC is regularly holding sharing meetings with the traditional Birth Attendants (TABs), Health Workers, Teachers, VDC secretaries and the representatives of the political parties.
– A Rally was organized by the dalits of Matihani on December-2-2004. They demanded dalit participation in the school management committee. More than 500 dalit s participated. 300 women and 100 school going children members of the AY groups participated.
– Rally saying send girls to schools like boys in Simardahi YIC.
– Street Drama on the Theme “The system of Viel (Gunghat) and child mairrage is compulsion or faishon, in Matihani YIC.
– Workshop on women’s Rights in Parsa Patili YIC.
– Rally for Women’s rights in Majhaura Bisanpur YIC.
– Workshop on Women’s rights in Gaira Phetpur YIC. There were 450 male and female participants in these actions. The members of the management comittes of YiC actively participated .
– The district level coordination committee formed in the beginning of the project is meeting every month to discuss the various aspects of the project.
– The district health office, the district education office, the district hospital, the governmental and non- governmental organizations participated in the meeting and shared their views about the progress of the project and expressed their cooperation.
– In each VDC a 7-member committee (VLNC) formed consisting of the VDC secretary, one FW, teacher, on TBA, one representative for VDC health post, district coordinator and Assistant Program In charge. In total there were 42 members of the committee in 6 VDC’s. There were-9 female and 33 female.
– 216 Youths and Adolescent groups are formed in 6 VDC’s of Mahottari in Dheerapur, Simardahi, Parsa Pataili, Matihani, Majhaura Bisanpur and Gaira Bhetpur VDCs. The 216 groups has 3240 adolescent& youths (10 to 24 age group) members and 1620 (50%) are female. Nearly 50 % of the AYs are from the disadvantaged and dalit sections in their VDC’s. They are the direct target of this project, which will be empowered through life skills and S&RH education. Through them the project aims to change the sexual and reproductive behavior of their parents and the whole population (nearly40000) of the 6 villages. Youth Information Center in each VDC has been established and the process has started for them to become functional, so that these centers owned by the community and the centers provide information and S&RH services even after the end of the project.
– 3240 peer educators are developed and they are aware about the various RH and sexually transmitted diseases. Though some improvement is required but the management committee has taken interest and the help of the parents and VDC level stakeholders are encouraging the district level stakeholders have also taken interest and helping the management committee.